There is a growing opportunity to reuse or recycle idle mobile devices in the United States.
To address the growing number of devices in landfills and to help with the phone subsidy burden, Sprint has launched the BYOSD Program.
BYOSD allows Sprint MVNOs to activate used and inactive Sprint-branded devices for their end-users.
This program allows you to offer a flexible, financially-sensible and environmentally-minded solution to your customers.
- Enables customers to activate Sprint phones that are currently inactive
- Financially Sound
- Allows the MVNO to activate customers without the need to offer device subsidies
- Environmentally Sound
- Keeps used Sprint devices out of landfills, giving new life to inactive devices
- Customers source their own devices
- These can be from previous Sprint activations or hand-me-down handsets
- Devices are activated by the MVNO
- MVNOs must validate eligibility of device through POC (Phone Ownership Code) Swap Tool
- If eligible, MVNOs activate devices using existing activation system
- Sprint branded devices can be from previous Sprint Retail activations
- Devices cannot be active under a Sprint Retail Account
- Only certain devices are eligible (click here for a list of ineligible devices)
- Age of device is irrelevant. Any device not OMA (Open Mobile Alliance allowing over the air activations) will need manual provisioning
Read the Press Release