With all the different ads on TV touting the fastest and best networks, you may be confused by the conflicting network information. What are you to believe?
Here are the facts:
- Sprint has LTE Plus in more than 150 markets.
- The Sprint LTE Plus Network delivers faster download speeds than other national carriers based on Sprint’s analysis of recent data from Nielsen Mobile Performance (NMP).1
- Sprint had the fastest delivered download speeds according to NMP in 26 of the 44 tested markets.
- Sprint’s service is now faster than before with double the network capacity and speed, and peak speeds in excess of 100Mbps on capable devices.
- Sprint’s service is stronger than before with smart antenna technology that extends the 2.5GHz cell signal further.
- Sprint’s service is more reliable than before utilizing three bands of spectrum – 1.9GHz for broad coverage, 800MHz for better indoor service, and 2.5GHz for even faster data speeds.
- Sprint has spent over $13B on the network over the past 2 years.
NMP data measures how real consumers are experiencing their wireless network. NMP tracks LTE download speeds as consumers use their devices in day-to-day life, including use of common applications such as Facebook, Netflix, YouTube, Snapchat and more. This continual monitoring captures the actual customer experience and works uninterrupted in the background of volunteer panelists’ mobile devices, representing a population of more than 270 million consumers.
1 Claim based on Sprint’s analysis of average LTE download speeds using Nielsen NMP data (Oct. thru Dec., 2015). NMP data captures real consumer usage and performance for downloads of all file sizes greater than 150kb. Actual download speeds may vary by location and device capability.